Saturday, July 11, 2009

Enoshima Beach

The weather today is particularly beautiful. It’s cloudy with the constant spring breeze kissing on your cheeks, as if it whisper its last goodbyes. Summer is definitely in the corner, and with it comes surfing and beach life. I don’t particularly surf, so I think I will just to hang out in the beach, maybe watch the beautiful babes in their swimwear and photograph the sunsets.

Last Sunday’s weather was no different when we went to Enoshima, a beach town situated about 40 minutes away from Yokohama, about 2 hours from the heart of Tokyo, and about 1 hour and 30 minutes away from my home, because I live near Kawasaki. Enoshima is a paradise, it is very close to Tokyo so a lot of people go there during the weekends, especially now that the weather is getting hotter.

My good friend John cordially invited us for a photowalk and he was kind enough to guide us all around the place.

Our cameras at hand, we photographed a lot of stuff. This old train with its railway that runs through the public road itself. This cool “dried fish” store with a “cool” dried fish hanging by its window. This cool woman riding a scooter with 2 dogs riding with her, just sitting there in the front.

Enoshima is also popular for its delicacy called “shirasu”, young sardines either fried or eaten raw, also used as rice toppings or in a sandwich. We all got the fried one on top of the rice.

The aura in the air feels light, and people are just trying to relax and have a good time. We had a good time. We didn’t swim but I will definitely come back and chill out more in this beautiful, cool part of my world.

Here are the rest of the photos.

3 comments:

  1. nice set of photos. i miss enoshima too, my bestfriend and I used to hang out there. its just so relaxing.

    and nice meeting you again

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mai, sama ka sa next shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos! mararating ko din yan! sayang di kami umabot.

    ReplyDelete